Kevin and I

Kevin and I

Karlie

Karlie

Nani

Nani

Pepper

Pepper

Cain

Cain
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

4 months

We are 2 days from 4 months old. I thought I would go ahead and update. Ms Karlie has grown so much! Today we gave her carrots for the first time and she LOVED them! She ate the entire container. I only intended to give her a little to see if she liked it but she kept leaning towards the spoon and yelling at me, indicating she wanted more. She ate most of it but ended up wearing a decent amount.
                                                       "Man that was good!"
                                                     Yep, that's carrot on her leg...and hand...
We had tried to feed her cereal with a spoon 2 weeks ago but she did not like it. (See below) She does like it mixed with lots of breastmilk in her bottle though.


She has also rolled over from belly to back. She seems like she wants to roll over from her back to her belly but can't get her big head over yet. And she can scoot all over her crib. I put her in the middle and when I go get her she has her head against the rail with an arm sticking out! She is so funny. She is sleeping more now that we are giving her cereal. From 7:00pm to about 3:00am. It would be wonderful if I could go to bed early but it's hard with Kevin working nights because I want to spend time with him. We finally got her to laugh! It is so cute and makes me laugh :)

Another first is we have started daycare! I was so nervous to take her. Thinking the worst and crying as I left her the first day only find her smiling and happy as can be when we picked her up! She didn't even smile at me but she smiled at the caretaker. I am so relieved she is happy there. The staff is great and she is making friends. I don't know how they do it but they can get her to sleep on her back, in her crib...she demands that I hold her and then place her on her belly here at home. I guess she knows that mommy is a sucker. Daycare has been great. I now believe it when people say that babies like routines. I try to keep her on the same routine at home but I'm not as good as the daycare ladies :)
A current favorite is blowing raspberries...sometimes she gets mad when she can't do it.


Karlie got to meet her uncle Drew this past weekend. Dallas and her cousin Baylee, Grandma and Grandpa came too. It was so much fun hanging out and watching the girls talk to each other. We had to do a family photo shoot because it is not often we are all together.

                                            Andrew, Dallas, Baylee, Kevin, Me and Karlie
                                                                 Proud dads
Grandma and her girls
 Everyone with Grandpa

 Drew, Karlie and Baylee
Me, Karlie and Baylee

We also got a visit from Kevin's dad and Judie. It was nice to play spades, even though we lost and eat Cecil's yummy cooking!

Tomorrow we have an appointment for Karlie's leg. The doctor found a click in her right hip so they are going to check for hip dysplasia. We are hoping it is nothing and has gone away. So please keep your fingers crossed for us and maybe say a little prayer! Until next month...
 My happy baby!
 Such a stinker!


No comments:

Post a Comment