Kevin and I

Kevin and I

Karlie

Karlie

Nani

Nani

Pepper

Pepper

Cain

Cain
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

5-6 months and some

I have been so busy that I have fallen behind on blogging. So here is a little bit of what's happened over the last few months...
At the end of October, we found out Kevin would be deploying in Dec. So we decided to take a few trips. We went to Carlsbad Caverns and Ruidoso. It was so great to just spend time together without all the distractions.  Then, I started work at the OB/GYN clinic at WBAMC on Nov. 7th. Luckily I have a great boss who let me take some leave to spend with Kevin because right when I started, his date got pushed up to Nov 30th from Dec 11th. End of Nov, Kevin left to serve our great country. Which brings us to now, being a single mom working full time with drill once a month. I rarely have time to myself to relax and blog. I have definately learned what it means to sacrafice for my child and how much I appreciate my husband. If it's one thing Army life teaches you, appreciate the time you have with your loved ones and don't fret the small stuff.

As for miss Karlie, she has finally started growing again and has perfected the art of rolling from point A to point B. She had stopped eating everything but formula for a month because of reflux but we have started her on Zantac and her appetite is improving. She is pretty good at sitting up but still faceplants every once and a while. I really have to watch her now because she tries to grab at everything and once, she almost fell off the couch. Luckily, I caught her...she doesn't sit on the couch anymore. Karlie is seriously addicted to her paci and can see one, grab it and put it in her mouth. I think I'll wait until Kevin gets back to wean her from it. Her first Christmas was great. Daddy got to see her open presents via skype. She did pretty well at tearing the paper and then trying to eat it. We were able to go to San Antonio for the weekend of Christmas. It was nice to be able to be with family since Kevin couldn't be here. Most pictures from the last few months are on facebook but I'll add a few on here. And babe, if you're reading this, Karlie and I love you, miss you and can't wait for you to get home to us <3.










No comments:

Post a Comment