Kevin and I

Kevin and I

Karlie

Karlie

Nani

Nani

Pepper

Pepper

Cain

Cain
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summer of travels

Since Karlie has been born, we have been doing some travel so everyone can meet her. In July when she was just 5 weeks old, we went to Indy and Iowa. She got to meet her brother, sister and lots of aunts and uncles. She did really well on the flights. We had such a nice time seeing everyone!
                                           Family pic: Kenzi, Kody, Karlie, Kevin and Me
                                                     Karlie with her brother, Kody
                                                     She loves to people watch at the airport
In August, Karlie and I drove to San Antonio to meet my side of the family. It was nice to see my sisters, Amanda and Lindsey and their little ones. I was able to meet my new niece, Baylee but my brother was out of town for work :( I am hoping he gets to meet Karlie soon. We also got to see most of the rest of the family and a couple of friends. It was so nice to sit and visit with everyone. On the drive from El Paso to SA, my amazing mom drove with me. Karlie had got her 2 month shots that day but overall did better than I thought. The drive back to El Paso, it was just Karlie and I. Everyone thought I was crazy but she did great.
                                            Karlie, Great Nana, and Grandma
                                                     With her cousin, Baylee
                                                     With her cousin, Jay

As mentioned in my earlier post, we also went to North Carolina for a friends wedding. Karlie was pretty crabby most of the trip but I think it was because it was unfamiliar. I was so worried she would cry during the wedding. She was fine until she woke up and cried as they placed the rings on and said "I do." I sat in the back and was able to dart out and calm her down. Then as the reception she started crying during best man's toast. Overall, I would not suggest traveling with an infant alone. I broke down and cried a couple of times. Thankfully I have understanding and helpful friends! Congrats to Leilani and Nate!

I think we are done traveling for a while. I have been offered and accepted a job as a triage nurse in the OB/GYN clinic. It is an awesome opportunity. I will be working with some of my co-workers and providers from Labor and Delivery. The hours are great, 0730-1630 with an hour for lunch! I have never had an hour for lunch so I don't know what I am gonna do with myself. Since Kevin is still working the floor, he only works 14 days out of the month so Karlie should only have to be in daycare for a few days a week. And I get all the holidays off! I am so excited to start my civilian job and actually have a routine. I guess that is all for now. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment